September 04, 2011

busy bee

I am big slacker, I know. The last few weeks have been so busy. The to do list keeps growing and the blog keeps getting pushed down the list.

Anyways, I know I promised you a  reveal of my new farmhouse table. I keep going back and forth on whether I should show it now or wait. The thing is.....it's not quite finished. The table itself is, but I have a random assortment of thrifted chairs that are waiting to be painted. I am waiting on Annie Sloan's new Chalk Paint colors to arrive. My local stockist is supposed to have them on the 12th. I could show the table by itself, but I feel like waiting one more week to get my chairs painted and showing the whole sha-bang will be worth it! {I hope so anyway!} Plus, I'm waiting on some linens to arrive from Japan.
So that's where we are with that!

In other crafty news, I've been doing a lot of sewing. Mainly a birthday outfit for the Little Man (he'll be 2 on the 24th) and some fall clothes for him also.

A grainy, poorly lit iPhone photo of the beginnings of Little Man's bday shirt

And then there is this ginormous armoire that I have been dying to paint for a while and plan to start on tonight. It's getting a makeover in Annie Sloans Duck Egg Blue. I'm a little nervous about it. I hope it turns out well and  that I don't regret not painting it white.


Can you ever have too much white? I don't think so, but my husband disagrees. So on his request, I am braving the blue paint! Wish me luck!

Hope to show you  the farmhouse table next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)