April 20, 2011

Easter basket and a homemade bunny

This is going to sound silly, but when I was pregnant with my son one of the things I looked forward to most as a new mom was holidays. I have really great memories of the holidays as a child. My Mom did such an amazing job making them special by letting us decororate the house (even if it looked tacky), make special sugary treats (which we did not get on a regular basis), and always giving the most special, thoughtful gifts (many of them handmade).


I look forward to doing the same with my son. At 18 months, he isn't quite old enough yet to decorate our home, make sugar coookies and do craft projects, but I am really looking forward to the next few years when he is.




I've had a lot of fun creating his Easter basket this year. I've been collecting little things over the last month or so.






I found that cute little Easter plate at Target a few weeks ago. I love the little chick and the polka dotted egg. The sticker book I found at Target too (you can't really see it, but it's behind the bunny). He LOVES stickers.



I am pretty proud of this bunny. I made him myself. It's my first handmade stuffed animal and I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. It wasn't too hard at all and actually pretty fun! You can get the pattern and instructions here.



I love the striped ears. I was going to use polka dots, but my husband insisted that polkadots are for girls. I don't agree, but I am glad that I went with the stripes for this.




I picked up this little set of wooden and plastic cars at Ikea when we were in Florida a few weeks ago. There were originally four, but somehow I lost one in transit.



We are pretty strict when it comes to what we feed our son, so he's never had sweets or chocolate. We did try the smash cake for his first birthday and he wanted no part of it. So we are thinking we might let him try some chocolate for Easter. I'm excited to see what he thinks!



Wow, how time flies. This is my little man last year at Easter. He had just started sitting up that week. Now he is a wild man and runs through my house like a tornado. Seeing this picture makes my heart happy.



Happy Easter!


Linking up with A Beach Cottage for Good Life Wednesdays!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little guy!! I am sure he is gonna love his Easter goodies! I also have fond memories of helping decorate for the holidays and decorating/hiding eggs. I remember one year it was raining on Easter so my brother and I got to hide eggs inside..... a few weeks later we could smell one we left behind..LOL! We hide it in my Dad's recliner pocket...he wasn't so happy about that!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)