October 10, 2011

a fun fall weekend

Yesterday (Sunday) was the kind of day I wish we could have everyday. We started off the day early with breakfast out and a trip to our favorite park. 



The weather was amazing. Perfect for long sleeves and a light scarf, but no jacket necessary.
 



The little man wore his cowboy hat most of the morning, including the car ride.

 
 In the afternoon we enjoyed some time relaxing, took a nice family run (just a short 3K) and then ended the day with dinner cooked on the grill and a fun Halloween craft project.
(more on the craft project later - it's a fun one!)


Backing up for a minute. On thursday this was delivered to my door.



Probably the best thing that has ever landed on my doorstep.
 It's my first DSLR and it's even more fun than I thought it would be. I've been dreaming about it forever and I finally (still not sure how!) convinced the husband to buy one. I don't even know how to use it yet. I've really only taken pictures in auto mode, but even then they are one thousand times better than my little nikon point and shoot.
 
Ok back to the weekend. Friday started off with a homemade pumpkin spiced latte


 and then an all day craft-a-thon.


Because of course when you get a new camera the first thing you do is bust out your sewing supplies and sew a camera strap cover  and a new bag for all your camera gear that will also double as a purse.


No, you don't do that? Is it just me?

 Oh and I played with the camera quite a bit too!



 Saturday I crafted some more, we played at the park and watched a lot of football!

 The weekend ended with 2 finished projects (bag and ruffled camera strap)
 

and a batch of homemade chocolate pudding.
  

It doesn't get much better than that!

So that's our fun weekend recap.

 Here are a few more of my favorite pics from the new camera.



 
 
romaine lettuce in our garden

mexican sage


hope your weekend was wonderful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)