December 19, 2011

a little christmas wrapping


Who else does "theme" gift wrapping for Christmas? I have never done it before, but this year I thought it would be fun. It's almost like tablescaping for your tree! :)



I knew I wanted just simple, neutral papers like brown kraft and I was thinking maybe a simple red and white stripe. I found rolls of brown kraft paper at the dollar store so I stocked up. I ordered the solid red ribbon and the red and white stripe ribbon from Amazon.
{Just a tip: I found their ribbon prices to be better than anything I could find locally}.

 

I never did come across a red and white stripe wrapping paper, but while I was at Ikea during Thanksgiving I found this icey blue paper with white dots. I used it for a pop of color against my neutrals.  I love blue accents for Christmas and I love polka dots so it's perfect. 
{why did I only buy 1 roll?} 

 

The red and white yarn is fun for texture and I love it mixed with the brown and blue
(yarn is from Hobby Lobby).

 

I ran into the brown kraft owl paper at World Market. I'm not sure where my owl fascination comes from, but I am drawn to anything with owls. So of course, I had to have it.

 

The gift tags are from Emily. I love all her printables, but I have especially had fun with the ones this month! There is nothing better than a little green chevron to brighten up a Christmas package!

I hope you all are enjoying these last few days before Christmas!
xoxo,
alima

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty wrapping. I'm following now and would love it if you would do the same.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)