August 28, 2010

Painting Pumpkins

August 28, 2010
11 months - week 1

I love Halloween. It's probably my favorite holiday, especially when it comes to decorating. I don't know why. I just love carving pumpkins, cute spiders with googley eyes and little cackeling witches.

Last year while I was still pregant with the nugget, I saw the most adorable pumpkins at Do It Yourself Crafts in Homewood. I couldn't wait to order one this year.

Today we went and painted ours. The nugget was a tad bit unruley and there were far too many breakables in that store for a savage little beast like him. But we had a good time anyway.

The colors look a little dull now, but once it's fired in the kiln they will be bright and glossy! I can't wait to see it once it's finished!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! What an awesome idea and it's something you will be able to put out each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy looks like he's smoking a stogie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin is adorable, and so is the nugget! Have you picked out his Halloween costume yet?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)