August 29, 2010

Wheat grass

I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes and wondering what weird, new, hippy food have they started eating now.

But it's not what you think. Rest assured, we have not replaced our morning coffee with fresh-squeezed wheat grass juice.

It's decoration for Aubrey's safari-themed birthday party. I didn't know where to buy it so I just grew it myself. And it's actually been a really fun process to watch it grow.

Wheat grass grows fast, people! I'm talking so fast I literally feel like I see it grow in front of my eyes. Here's a few pictures so you can see what I mean.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3 (See what I mean? Insane!)

Day 4 (More Insanity!)

So my project is ready a few weeks early. It's already as tall as I need it and the party is 3 weeks away.
If anyone is ever in the mood for fresh-squeezed wheat grass juice, now you know who to call. :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't be a wimp. Put some in your morning shake and feel the surge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean the babies don't get to take wheat grass shots at the party??

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, did you say hippie like it was a bad thing? we west coast crunchie people don't understand...

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)