March 20, 2011

Chalk Talk


When I first started following design blogs I was immediately enamored with all the DIY chalkboards I saw everywhere. Chalkboard refrigerators, chalkboards on bathroom walls, chalkboards on kitchen walls and chalkboards in kids bedrooms. But most of all I loved the picture frames turned into chalkboards!

It was the first DIY project I couldn't wait to get started on. I already had the perfect frame that had been sitting in a closet collecting dust for sometime (I wish I had taken a picture of it before I painted it). I think it was laminate with a fake wood grain and cherry color. Yuck! But it had this beaded pattern around the perimeter which I loved and I guess that's why I never got rid of it.

I gave it 3 coats of white spray paint and ta-da! Love it!


This was the original picture that came in the frame. I turned it over and sprayed the back side with 4 or 5 coats of Rustoleum chalkboard paint.



Done! Perfect! Piece of cake!


I've been having a great time with it since I made it. Each Monday I write a new quote or saying or word on it and it's sort of my inspiration for the week.

So I thought it would be fun to start sharing it every Monday. Maybe it can serve as a little inspiration for others too! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!


I'm linking this post with Layla's fabulous blog, The Lettered Cottage.

The Lettered Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Love this :) I didn't realize you could just spray paint directly on the cardboard print. I'm going to try this. Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)