May 13, 2011

a little of this, a little of that

I planned on getting this post up Thursday evening, but of course blogger went down and didn’t return for what seemed like eons. <---- Is that a real word?

Anyway, this post is just a little mish mash of things. I haven’t really done any DIY projects this week because I am prepping for a BIG project – slipcovering my sofa.

So, I thought instead of projects I would just share some of my instagram photos from the week. Mainly Thursday morning when my little man and I spent hours playing on the back patio with sidewalk chalk. We had so much fun!


And then there were several blog posts I read this week that I just loved, loved, loved. So I wanted to share those with you in case you missed them. I wouldn’t want you to feel deprived J

This is from a new blog I just found this week. Very different from most of the DIY/home décor blogs that I read. But Alyssa Ann seems like such an amazing Mom and I feel like I need some inspiration in that department. This post “Remind Me to Play” really spoke to me. Especially this sentence “..there isn't any reason, need, or benefit in frustration, impatience, or short-temper. Life is too short for that. I want to stay calm and carry on. Not just simply carry on for the sake of carrying on. I want to demand that I take the second to notice the random hair that flaps in the face of the little beauty that is walking and dragging her sand toys behind her. I must demand of myself that I take heed of the little boy that is calling me to watch him fling himself wildly into the waves for the hundredth time. . .”

So true, so true. We all need to be reminded of that. So if you are a Mom go read it now! And if you aren’t, go read it anyway. It can apply to many other areas of life too!

Then there is this post from my favorite blogger Sarah. I am dying to fly to Australia and hang out with her. Oh we could have so much fun junking and thrifting and painting things white! I so adore her coastal-vintage-chic style. She also does the most beautiful tablescapes I have ever seen. And don’t go thinking Sandra Lee from Food Network tablescapes - uggh. Sarah’s tablescapes are amazing. This post teaches you how to do it really easily using things you already have in your home.

Last but not least, is one of my other favorites – Lisa Leonard. It seems everyone in blog land already knows her so you probably do too. But in case you don’t you should. J I love all her posts and amazing photography, but I really look forward to Wednesdays every week when she does “What I Wore Wednesday.” She has the cutest style and it’s always fun to have some fashion inspiration! This weeks WIWW was one of my favorites so far!

In other news, I am super excited about tomorrow. I told you about my Mother’s Day gifts here. But I didn’t tell you about this one. My final gift from the hubs is probably the best one of all. He is watching the little man Saturday so I can spend the entire day thrifting, shopping, gabbing, etc with a friend. I have not done this since Aubrey was born. Yep, it’s been 19 months since I have had a shopping day with a friend. And I am SO looking forward to it! I will definitely be back Monday with pictures!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)