June 05, 2011

interrupting the slicover marathon for a very important message!


Friday I got my hands on my very own can of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint. I am in heaven!


I have been listening to Marian and Shaunna and many others rave about Chalk Paint for several months. I've been dying to try this product, but there wasn't a stockist in my area and shipping for the paint is pretty pricey. I knew it would be worth it, but I didn't have a specific piece of furniture in mind that needed painting so I decided to be patient and wait until I actually had something to paint.

But then I received an email from my sister last week that there was a stockist in my area. I was beyond excited and emailed Stacey at Faux Studio Designs immediately. Turns out she had just placed her first order of Chalk Paint and was opening her new store on June 1st.

I still didn't have any new furniture to paint, but I couldn't resist heading over to meet her and check out the Chalk Paint. Stacy was awesome and I had a great time talking to her. I felt like I was meeting Birmingham's version of Miss Mustard Seed. We talked about painting furniture, buying old furniture, auctions, craigslist, yard sales, slipcovers and of course Chalk Paint!

I bought one quart of Old White because I know I will love that color on anything. I can't wait to try some of the blues and greys too, but I need to find some furniture first! Plus, I am making myself finish the slipcover before I start any new projects!

If you are in the Birmingham area check out Stacey's new shop, Faux Studio Designs! She is stocked with Chalk Paint plus she offers furniture painting classes and she paints custom pieces too.

She's located at 2116 Old Montgomery Hwy Suite B in Pelham.

I finished the arms and the seat of my slipcover tonight. Post on those coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)