November 04, 2011

the big three-o

Yesterday was my birthday.
Some people freak out a little about turning 30. And I might have, except it just snuck up on me so quickly that I didn't have time to. October seriously flew by.

So far thirty has been pretty sweet. On Wednesday, my parents surprised the heck out of me by flying in from Florida. The last time I spent my actual birthday with my parents was when I turned 17. I'll do the math for you - that's 12 years I have not seen my parents on my birthday. So I was beyond thrilled to see them and realize that I get to spend the week with them. Apparently my parents and the husband have been plotting this trip for sometime. And lots of people were in on it. I still can't believe that no one slipped up and ruined the surprise!

Anyways, we just been spending time catching up and relaxing, eating delicious food, drinking delicious wine & coffee, oh and a little antique shopping of course. :)


Me and the 'rents right after they surprised me!

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)