November 11, 2011

a fall tablescape

One of the best things about a new season is arranging a new tablescape. I'm sure some of you agree. Or is it just me?


Actually, I should admit that I added some fall bits to my table a while ago. Once those little pumpkins hit the grocery store I can hardly keep them out of my cart (and off my table). Even if it still is 80 degrees outside. 


I love all the varieties. Those tiger striped ones are my new favorites this year.


And those little glittery ones....well every tablescape needs a little sparkle, right? They were originally plain orange pumpkin candles. I thought they needed a little something so I painted them with Elmer's glue and sprinkled some bronze glitter over them.


Oh and that's my new striped runner. I've been eyeing it for 2 months in a local boutique. My mom bought it for me for my birthday because she is awesome like that :)


We have tons of maple trees in our neighborhood with beautiful red leaves. My mom picked several while she was here and I thought they would be fun to add to the napkins.
  


Do you ever finish taking all your pictures and then think "why didn't I do such and such?" After I took all these I wondered why on earth did I not light the candles for any of the pictures. It was dark out when that thought occurred to me, so I lit them and took a little night time pic for you. Those bronze colored candle holders were $1 from Target. Score! And don't you love the silhouette they make on the table? Double score!


I've showed you this little lovely before. It's from Melissa and it makes me smile every time I see it.


So there you go. Fall tablescaping fun!
If you have a fall tablescape, I would love to see it. Leave your link in the comments and I'll stop by!

xo,
alima

1 comment:

  1. hi sweet- your table is gorgeous!

    those tiny pumpkins are fab- and yes your mama is perfect -the runner is lovely with it all...

    great chairs- are they a mix match of timber & colours- i love that look!

    happy friday dear friend...Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Comments, suggestions or just a simple hello are welcome! :)